www.idotravelto.com/malta
www.idotravelto.com/malta
Vodafone Malta
Living and Working in Malta :  idotravelto.com/malta/forum
Exchange your experiences, find contacts and make friends on the islands. 
Re: Living in Malta
Posted by: M10 (IP Logged)
Date: June 24, 2013 05:11PM

Hi Traveller,

I lived on Malta for some time and it was really no problem to stay in Malta. But you have to get your maltese ID, for that you need you passport or an ID and then you have to go to the elecronical office in Valletta. You also need an address of you residence in Malta. For EU citizens itīs really easy, they will take some photos and after almost one week you can pick up you new ID Card. You need your ID for example to open a maltese bank account or if you want to have internet and telephone in your Apartment. You will find the electronical office in the Evans Bulidings at the St. Elmo Square in Valletta. If you want to work in Malta youīll need a social security number, this number you will get in the local council of the city where your residence is. If you are a member of the EU you can live as long as you want in Malta without a registration, but without a registration you canīt work legally.
A flat can be really cheap in Malta buut it really depends on the location. In cities like SLiema or St.Julians you will have to pay a lot more than in other cities. I also woul suggest to rent a flat at least for one year, then the monthly rate will be cheaper. If you ll only rent a flat for 3 month during summer it will be much more expensive. And yes itīs possible to rent a fully equipped Apartment! Itīs common to do that. To find a good Apartment you will probably need a real estate agent, but they are not so expensive like in other countries. I would not suggest to live Valletta, i would suggest to live maybe in Gzira or Msida, this cities are close to sliema and St.Julianīs, from there you can reach the whole island by bus. But it also depends if you want to live "right in the middle" where you can go out, find some cafés, supermarkets, close to the sea etc. or if you donīt mind and are looking just for a cheap place to stay.

Subject Written By Posted
  Living in Malta Mathilde 05/24/2013 01:14PM
  Re: Living in Malta traveller912 06/24/2013 12:26PM
  Re: Living in Malta M10 06/24/2013 05:11PM
  Re: Living in Malta traveller912 06/27/2013 09:10PM
  Re: Living in Malta M10 06/24/2013 06:25PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Latest posts of the forum:

Buying a car
Hiya, I am thinking about buying a car in Malta instead of taking mine there (this will be sure more expensive than buying a car there) and I was wondering whether you can recommend me a good second-hand car dealer on the island. Mainly I"m interested in buying a German car (VW, BMW, Audi etc) as they"ve proven to be quite longlasting and worth the money. The problem is that I don"t know any dealer in Malta as I haven"t bought a car before so I need some help. It should be somebody to trust an...

Extra-mural activities
Hello fellow users, I was investigating on the internet about extra-mural activities for children offered either by schools or other organisations in Malta. However I couldn"t find any useful information so I"m at a loss now. Do you know whether these kinds of activities after class are common in Malta or what do children usually do after class? Is there nothing like a after-class care programme for girls and boys? My working hours are quite long so I"m not at home in the afternoon and I don...

Education in Malta
Hello fellow users, I would like to know more about the education system on Malta and I guess there is no better place than this forum for Malta to get a good and reliable insight. How are the schools divided up, I mean the age groups… Is there any similar system in another country. Is the education system similar to the one in England or the US? And another important point is the costs of schooling. Are the schools in Malta public (ie state-funded) oder private or maybe even a combination? I ...

Amusement Parks
Hi guys, recently I have learned that on Malta there is the Popeye Village which is now open to the public and you can visit the film set of the great Popeye movie. Now, I"m definitely going to go there soon and so I came up with the idea of asking in this forum whether there are more amusement parks on Malta? Maybe some parks with roller coasters and stuff like that as in the Popeye Village you don"t have anything like that. I know that Malta is not particularly big but there must be some pla...

Banks
Hello everybody, I want and need to open a bank account in Malta soon, after arriving on the island. But first I wanted to gather some opinions about the different banks present in Malta. I have already found out that there are many different banks operating in Malta. My bank from Germany seems to be present too, the Raiffeisenbank. But it"s always better to compare first. Maybe there are better banks right now than this one. I don"t want to have any special account, just a normal current acc...

About Us | Contact | Terms and Conditions to use this website | Copyright 2013 - 2018 idotravelto.com